The accelerated pace of modernization and innovation in the government IT enterprise has produced a wealth of new capabilities in such areas as cloud, mobility and digital services. But it has also introduced an unprecedented level of complexity that makes the enterprise increasingly difficult to secure — to the point that agencies cannot hope to eliminate all the new risks. That’s why agencies need enterprise risk management (ERM).
ERM provides a cohesive framework for identifying, assessing and prioritizing risks based on the threat posed to agency’s goals and objectives. But what does that mean in practice? In this three-part lesson, we will step you through the key steps of ERM and discuss technology strategies for making ERM a reality.
For more information, check out these resources:
- Enterprise Risk Management in Today’s Digital World
- Full Course Script: Managing Risk in Today’s Digital World
- Digital Risk Report – 1st Edition
- Dive deeper into the RSA Digital Risk Report with this interactive report page
- Digital Risk Report – 2nd Edition